Future of device management episode 1
Future of device management
Ep 1: Mike Arpaia: the story behind the creation of osquery
Listen to the episode on Apple, Spotify, or PodBean
In today’s episode of the Future of Device Management podcast, we speak with Mike Arpaia — co-creator and visionary of osquery and partner at Moonfire Ventures — a London-based VC firm focused on seed-stage investing in Europe.
- Mike’s journey from a software engineer focused on security problems to a venture capitalist investing in leading startups.
- How a macOS compromise while working at Etsy led Mike to realize how little visibility organizations have into their Mac fleets.
- What motivated Mike and his co-creators to build an open-source project — and how they got management buy-in at Facebook.
- The tipping point where osquery began to gain traction with engineers at leading organizations.
- How it feels to see osquery continue to grow and evolve.
- Mike’s #1 piece of advice for those embarking on a journey of trying to understand what’s going on in the systems they manage.
Where to get in touch:
Find out how Fleet can benefit your organization by exploring our docs and community.
Want to get up and running quicker? Then try out Fleet locally on your device - you’ll be up and running in minutes.